View Single Post

May 2nd, 2011, 01:28
Harbinger of Madness: Review

I took Mirys into a solo run of the new pack today. Overall, this is a fun, slightly creepy pack with a unique boss fight at the end. Monsters are largely Xoriat reavers, hounds, and critters called the Taken, as well as some humans and mindflayers.

Loot - Good to great. Several notable items are the Insanity Greatsword (2d10 base damage, chance to give -2 AC on a hit, chance to drive enemies wild on a vorpal), Tharak(sp?) Bracers, which give Toughness (good for those who do not have toughness from minos), DR3/lawful, and Dodge +2 bonus to AC (Dodge bonuses stack with each other, as long as they don't have the same bonus amount. So a +1 and a +2 will stack, but not two +1s. This is about the only thing in DDO that does this). The Bow of Sinew crits on a 19-20, which stacks with Improved Critical (hint hint Jo), fires 10% faster, and has an x3 multiplier with a chance to bump it up to x4 on some shots.

XP - Unsure, since Mirys was 4 levels above normal, the xp wasn't all that great. But it's probably fairly good for the level range. Optionals' xp was rather poor, but that may be a function of her level as well.

Difficulty - Easy. I soloed the first part in under 15 mins on the second run, including stopping to check the radar every so often.

Mirys is currently 12k from level 20.

It was the night before Hogswatch…

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity - Edgar Allan Poe

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

Send a message via AIM to azraelck Send a message via Skype™ to azraelck