View Single Post

May 2nd, 2011, 04:14
Originally Posted by Gokyabgu View Post
Anyway, I played and finished Divinity 2 and its' expansion Flames of Vengeance. While D2 is a good RPG, it's not great as Divine Divinity. I don't know why, but when I was playing D2 I felt that something was missing. I can't decide, maybe lack of the first game's isometric playing style or the somewhat limited exploration.
I will not be a such extreme fan of isometric, or more exactly larger point of view, to take this conclusion. I think DKS is quite superior to Divine Divinity, because DD suffers of some flaws quite more than DKS like quality regularity. BUT the main area of DD right after the first little town, is just better than DKS, no comparison possible.

I think that pure first person 3D games are bound to vast empty area (Oblivion) or very limited area (Risen) because of budget reason.

The close point of view force implement a ton more details than for a larger point of view and the same area surface and elements included.

For sure a game like DKS is almost like an exception but still suffer a bit of the problem, limited dungeons, limited area, quite many empty stuff, and more.

Dasale

SasqWatch