View Single Post

May 7th, 2011, 18:32
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Maybe someone can tell me why co-op is so appealing and being put in more games lately? I'm not putting the genre down just curious as Its not for me.
Coop is a feature I've been looking forward to for long now. Real co-op with complementary characters. It adds tactics, it allows team work.

Not really satisfied with what has been delivered so far, that felt more like overlapping habilities rather than complementary habilities. Team work being rather demanding, I found the main trouble is to developp an system open enough to allow easily teamwork to take root and rich enough to justify teamwork. Dont go solo because teamwork is worthwhile and in the meantime, co ordination is not that a hassle it requires training.

Your piece of information summed it up in the first sentence: characters are said to work well one with another and in multiple ways. It did not show though in the video as it is hard to see how characters' powers interact with each other.

It looks like they brushed up the MU side as they tried to avoid loopholes and came with interesting mechanics to make decision taking go smoothly within the party. So the game should allow players to get in and merge into a party quite easily while avoiding petty bickering.

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch