View Single Post

May 10th, 2011, 02:34
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
DDOWiki had an interesting melee-STR build for rogues that might fit the bill. They even had an option to build it as a dwarf. Since I've only run humans, it might be fun to try something different. Within that build, they also mentioned that it was a good build for class-splashing. They mentioned fighter (feats), ranger (TWF), and wizzy (mostly buff spells) as possibilities.

So, for now I'm looking at a melee-STR rogue with a wizzy splash, although he'd probably have to be human for the extra feat. Gotta do a lot more research.
A Wizard splash would be a waste. You'd get level 1-2 buffs at most, with up to 6 minute durations, assuming you burned a feat on Extend. Likewise for Bard; while Bards work well with a splash of Rogue (for evasion mostly), the reverse isn't true. In low levels, potions work just as well, and at higher levels, there's UMD or the friendly Sorcerer/FvS/Wizard/Cleric/Bard.

If you remember (or maybe it was before you joined in), I had a brief fling with a Dwarven Rogue, using two Dwarven Axes. That thing was powerful in damage output, while being able to fulfill the Rogue-duties of traps at least, though I took a Fighter level and probably wasn't quite as solid there as I could have been. Dwarves get bonuses to hit and damage using axes through their enhancements, and are pretty tough, offsetting the rogue's squishiness. The Fighter level gives you D Axe prof for free, as well as a feat. Two levels would leave you still able to take Assassin III at level 20, give you a couple of feats, and so forth.

Looks like our TR/lowbie group is shaping up a bit differently than our originals. Aerii on Sorc, Peters as a Favored soul, and Sherrille as a Bard. Of course, with me not going Cleric or FvS for another life on either Aerii or Rachail, it leaves Peters in the healer role, even with a bit of help from Sherrille. Mirys is gathering gear, and won't be TRing any time soon.

11 runs, and Maenya's Fists have not dropped. Grrr…

It was the night before Hogswatch…

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity - Edgar Allan Poe

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

Send a message via AIM to azraelck Send a message via Skype™ to azraelck