View Single Post

May 11th, 2011, 23:41
Originally Posted by Tragos View Post
Great preview , thank you Dhruin
It looks like the game will be above my expectations .

If i understood that correct there are difficulty spikes ?
Yes - I particularly found combat against groups reasonably hard - but I'm not the world's best action gamer. You tend to get swarmed and the heavy fighters hit hard. Some fights have 6 or so simultaneous opponents (at least, in the preview code).

Originally Posted by GothicGothicness View Post
Combat sounds a lot better? but could it be possible to get some more details about that ??? also it would be nice to get more info about the character development! To know there are four different categories doesn't say much?

Are there any stats or other numbers???
Unfortunately, the preview code had an expiration DRM system and it happened to fall across a heavy (real) work schedule for me. I decided to use the limited time I had to see as much content as possible rather than experiment with different skills. Also, since the code expired a week ago, I can't go back and fact-check any of my notes.

GameBanshee has an excellent preview that looks at the character side in more depth - check that out. I'd say it looks much more interesting than TW1 but this is an action/RPG — it hasn't suddenly become a turn-based strat RPG. The focus is on skills, rather than stats.

On combat, I'm not sure what you'd like to know - any specific questions?

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team