Thread: Pricewatch!
View Single Post

May 12th, 2011, 20:21
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Yeah GOG released it on the 10th and will keep it at that price until the 17th. It's an incredible deal really.

I think they should have released it more than just 1 week before TW2 though. Most people who want to start playing TW2 at release aren't going to start playing TW1 now.
I think they extended the sale a bit because the news release posted on the 10th says the 50% off promo will be "during the next two weeks"

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/…tors_cut/page1

Anyway, just an FYI for those who didn't know the Gog version of the EE also includes bonus content:

PDF manual (81 pages)
18 wallpapers (hi-res jpgs)
PDF game guide (113 pages)
2 maps (high res PDF)
Soundtrack (29 mp3s)
Music inspired by The Witcher (15 mp3s)
26 avatars (jpg)
PDF artbook (204 pages)
Digital calendar (Hi res jpgs, from May 2011 to April 2012; it's a girlie cheesecake calendar of course )
PDF short story (49 pages)

The PDFs are all high res. Someone on the Gog forums claimed they were scanned in at a higher resolution than previous versions but I don't have those to compare it to.

The art book in particular is really nice. It's not just pictures, there's actually a fair amount of text too documenting how they came up with the in-game locales but visiting real world places and so forth.

If you don't already have the digital extras, those alone are worth the $5 in my opinion.

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch