View Single Post

May 22nd, 2011, 12:47
Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
This is frustrating and reassuring all at the same time. It's frustrating because the game is advertised as being 3d-Vision ready, and I was really looking forward to it because of that. I'm sure the actual 3D players are still few and far between, but asking someone to play the game in 2D when they are used to playing games in 3D is just not cool. Trust me, once you game with 3D vision, switching to 2D feels like going back in time to windows 95 gaming.

It's also reassuring to me, because it sounds like the extremely poor performance I'm getting (playing in 3D) is actually because it's buggy rather than just being too advanced for my system.

I hate to say it, but this really stinks of Gothic 3 syndrome - Extremely ambitious game, revolutionary concept, built from scratch in-house graphics engine. A total gem of a game that is nigh unplayable due to performance issues, etc…
The only thing left is for CDProjekt to come out and tell us 2 months from now that the engine they built is so buggered that it'll never work right, and the comparison will be complete.
Wow. I have no idea where your getting the Gothic 3 syndrome thing from. There's no comparison. It's a complex and complete game with very few bugs, and a good story line with a large amount of side quests.

By the way if you haven't played G3 lately you may want to give it a try. It's pretty good with the community patches.

Nathanyl

Watcher