View Single Post

May 22nd, 2011, 23:34
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
I know what your problem is, and I'm just saying the combat system would change significantly without autotargeting.

The difference between The Witcher 2 and most similar games like Gothic, Risen, and Two Worlds - is that Geralt is extremely fast and agile.

The other games have autotargeting as well - but they don't "light up" with a cross to indicate melee attack targets in the same way. So, you'd just hit the enemy getting in the way instead - and you'd be frustrated with that. At least, I don't think it would be preferable - especially not when you can lock target when you're going for a specific foe.

TW2 is one of the few games that let all enemies attack simultaneously - and to make it workable to combat so many at a time - they had to employ some kind of autotargeting.

At least, I don't see it working any other way.

Once you get used to how it selects targets - you learn to maneuver and be comfortable with it.

At least, that's what I've learned.

Obviously, it's not for everyone - but for what it does, I think it's a fantastic system.

I can easily deal with accidentally targeting the wrong enemies, when I can get such a fluid and skill-dependent system in return. Also, it looks great
Great, you get my point then. Well since I don't see it change I'll just get used to it.

sakichop

SasqWatch