View Single Post

May 24th, 2011, 13:50
Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
As one person is saying in the thread… hehe… Even if it is their optimization method is should be tweakable via config file. It's incredibly annoying when you notice it all across characters' faces in cut scenes. Basically, it makes you just not pay attention; ie., not give a damn about the graphics and focus elsewhere. So, I hardly think such a facet of a game would earn it the title of "Best Graphics."
Several people are saying it, as far as I can see.

But it's a well known technology - though I'm not too familiar with the actual term. I've seen it in several games.

It's even more evident if you look at how shadows interact with the ground textures. As they get these "lined" edges around them. Personally, I think it's MUCH better than other compromises I've seen.

Rendering realistically transparent and detailed shadows is supposedly VERY expensive.

If you think it looks bad, then obviously you'll notice it a lot. I really have no issue with it myself.

But I don't really care about graphics. Now, if I can only convince myself to contue playing Betrayal at Krondor… oh glorious polygons for mountains!
I care

But not to the exclusion of gameplay/story
Last edited by DArtagnan; May 24th, 2011 at 14:40.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential