View Single Post

May 27th, 2011, 00:12
This guy really needs to play more RPG's.

"Geralt of Rivia, the titular Witcher, starts off pathetically weak and unable to properly defend himself … Yet, by the time the game ends, you'll be cleaving through enemies like butter".

Well isn't this the way video games are supposed to work? Where the challenge or fun if you are uber strong from start to finish? Also, there;s no such thing as "guesswork" at bosses. Just observe the damn pattern and find the way to kill the mob.

I also disagree on " enemies are so keen on bum-rushing the player, surrounding him, and striking from the back that all strategy flies out of the window once melee actually begins". That is the challenge, to survive a difficult battle. It's normal to be played that way. Does he think enemies usually line up and take turns in charging the hero in games?

You don't actually need any feedback on quests. They are explicit enough to give you enough info, the rest is up to you. This guy wouldn't last 10 minutes in a game like Morrowind. Fffffs fast travel even on such small maps…

Oh yes and the "uninspiring narrative" line made my day.

Seriously, someone needs to get this guy off the internet.

Don't get me wrong, I like reading a review (even a bad one) if it has some strong and valid arguments. But bashing a game because it does not fill you lame ass demands and requires you to pay more attention to the story and gameplay is just retarded.

bloodlover

Sentinel