View Single Post

May 27th, 2011, 15:49
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
You seem to mention the story as the key thing, and that makes sense. If you primarily go for the "experience" of the story - then I can definitely understand a more relaxed position being preferable. Personally, I consider a good story "icing on the cake" - and I'm generally much more into the gameplay and the immersion of "being there" as that character. I like to "pretend" I'm the one in the world, and I prefer being as active a participant in the story as possible.
Well, yeah. That's also part of it. Running around town, exploring and talking to everybody is the same thing. It's still taking in the environments and listening to dialogue and it's better when I am in a relaxed position. I do have to admit that I often get frustrated by combat in a game, just because it's in the way of story progression and laid back exploration. That's the difference between how we play our games.

Not that I find combat unimportant… I'm just not much of a math/min-max/strategy guy. I die three times, I get annoyed and hop on the internet to find the best way to kill the motherfucker. However, in this game, it hasn't happened yet.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one hating most stuff on TV
I'm done with TV that's not on-demand, anyway. Nowadays it feels like I'm forcefed what the stations want me to see. Or I've got to get real "lucky" and find a good program by accident. But Animal Planet can be fun on a Sunday with a hangover.

Thaurin

SasqWatch