The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Well, it's certainly not in the guy code to say "no"...

His problem is he got his "guy code yes" confused with his "Don't you want to paint the house" no. As he always says............"At my age"............guess this is one of those things that happens at his age. :cm:

Not that YOU would know anything about that GRANDMA!! :p

Fight! Fight! Fight!

*grabs popcorn*

U10 has a couple of good trinkets, including one that has Greater False Life (+30hp), and another that has Exceptional CHA +1. Gonna farm for both, since Mirys could open a ring slot up with the GFL one, and Aerii will eventually like that extra CHA.

We should hit VoN3, Gateway to Khyber & Jungle of Kyber. I grabbed 1400 xp from the first quest, and so far 6,000xp from optionals. Another 15k will be mine from completion, assuming either of the two remaining red named guards or the boss doesn't kill me. And Beholders die rather well to Niac's, or in my case, Phantasmal Killer. Unfortunately, the red named one took 8 neg levels before I downed him, so I'm stuck waiting.

*Edit*

And I completed. 17k on completion, plus the optionals and first part, all told close to 25,000xp. Enough to hit 11, and get my minos out of the bank. Aerii now has 30 CHA, 203hp, nearly 1300sp, and brings a bit more firepower in the form of Summon Monster V. We know how good the earth eles are, and the Bearded Devil probably isn't bad. I figured on Cloudkill and Eldar's being mainly raid spells, so I went with something that can provide an immediate boost to group capability. I also took DDoor, and Frost Lance for some extra firepower.

*edit 2*

And Aerii is also now flagged for Vault of Night raid. About 12k xp on VoN4.

Last edited:
Amber took DDoor too, but Frosty is a very good spell; my Wiz uses it a LOT. Might need to run my rogue next week, or you'll all pass her by again!! :(

If I could buy scrolls of DDoor, I'd never take it, just scroll-cast it. But as it is very handy to have, and no one can count on your bard or even Jo's bard being around, I think it's needed.

After some thought, I rolled a new/old character to bring up to help pace Aerii's quick leveling. With a little help from my high levels, she's decked out in Moderate Fort and a pair of Rusted Shamshirs (very nice lowbie weapons, keen scimitars). You'll recognize the name I think, and the build. Exploiter Ranger.

I made sure she had a stack of cure serious, bought an xp pot, and have been farming xp for about 10 mins. Already gotten 10k. At level 4, she has 92hp, and is cutting through medium length at-level quests in about 2 mins thanks to sprint boost. Eventually, there'll be Khopeshes instead of scimmies, but my first several feats are taken in Dodge, Toughness, Spring Attack, and Mobility, for Tempest. So it will be level 11 or so before she can take Khopesh (whenever she takes the Fighter level). I can't even fit in Power Attack, which weakens her damage output considerably.

Code:
[u][b]Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 3.9.1[/b][/u]
[url=http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO]DDO Character Planner Home Page[/url]

[B][U]Fireflash [/U][/B]
Level 20 True Neutral Half-Elf Female
(1 Fighter \ 1 Rogue \ 18 Ranger) 
Hit Points: 352
Spell Points: 230 
BAB: 19\19\24\29\29
Fortitude: 18
Reflex: 17
Will: 6

[B]                  Starting          Feat/Enhancement
Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
[U](32 Point)[/U]       [U](Level 1)[/U]             [U](Level 20)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=silver]Strength             18                    26
Dexterity            14                    19
Constitution         16                    20
Intelligence          8                    10
Wisdom                8                    10
Charisma              8                    10[/COLOR]

[B][U]Tomes Used[/U][/B]
[COLOR=silver]+2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
+2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 7
+2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
+2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
+2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 7
+2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7
[/COLOR]
[B]                  Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                 Base Skills         Modified Skills
[U]Skills[/U]           [U](Level 1)[/U]            [U](Level 20)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=silver]Balance               6                     8
Bluff                -1                     0
Concentration         5                    28
Diplomacy            -1                     0
Disable Device       n/a                    n/a
Haggle               -1                     0
Heal                 -1                     0
Hide                  2                     4
Intimidate           -1                     0
Jump                  8                    31
Listen               -1                     0
Move Silently         2                     4
Open Lock             6                     8
Perform              n/a                    n/a
Repair               -1                     0
Search               -1                     0
Spot                  3                    23
Swim                  4                    15
Tumble                6                     8
Use Magic Device      3                    23
[/COLOR]
[B][U]Level 1 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Half-Elf Dilettante) Half-Elf Dilettante: Barbarian[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Toughness[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Haste Boost I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Sneak Attack Training I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 2 (Ranger)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Evil Outsider[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Ranger Skill Boost I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Ranger Sprint Boost I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Human Improved Recovery I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Ranger Favored Damage I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 3 (Ranger)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Dodge[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Racial Toughness I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Ranger Favored Resistance I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Ranger Dexterity I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Half-Elf Barbarian Toughness I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 4 (Ranger)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Ranger Devotion I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 5 (Ranger)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Ranger Skill Boost II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Human Adaptability Strength I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 6 (Ranger)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Construct[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Mobility[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Human Improved Recovery II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Racial Toughness II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 7 (Ranger)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Ranger Favored Attack I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Ranger Favored Damage II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 8 (Ranger)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Ranger Dexterity II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 9 (Ranger)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Spring Attack[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Ranger Tempest I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 10 (Ranger)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Half-Elf Barbarian Constitution I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Half-Elf Barbarian Toughness II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 11 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Fighter Bonus) Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Khopesh[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Ranger Favored Damage III[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Ranger Favored Resistance II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 12 (Ranger)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Chaotic Outsider[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 13 (Ranger)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Human Greater Adaptability Constitution I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 14 (Ranger)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Racial Toughness III[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Ranger Tempest II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 15 (Ranger)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Power Attack[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Ranger Favored Attack II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 16 (Ranger)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Ranger Favored Damage IV[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 17 (Ranger)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Lawful Outsider[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Ranger Dexterity III[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 18 (Ranger)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Oversized Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Ranger Favored Resistance III[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 19 (Ranger)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Ranger Devotion II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Ranger Devotion III[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 20 (Ranger)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Ranger Item Defense I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Ranger Tempest III[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Improved Trap Sense I[/COLOR]

Other than the splashes which add some useful abilities, that's a lot like Wouldii. I found it to be a very solid build with only 1 drawback—you end up a little squishy to be a front line melee when you get into the teens, and have to rely on a healer since the available wands, pots, and spells just aren't enough to keep pace with the damage you take. That kinda applies to all melee types I suppose, but it's a little more "exciting" when you're rocking 300-350hp than a tankish 450-500.

You're better at toon building and those splashes will open up some toughness, damage, and UMD options that I didn't have. Running a supreme tome won't hurt, either. Combined with raid gear that you'll have/get, perhaps you'll overcome the drawback. Either way, it's a fun toon to play.

Other than the splashes which add some useful abilities, that's a lot like Wouldii. I found it to be a very solid build with only 1 drawback—you end up a little squishy to be a front line melee when you get into the teens, and have to rely on a healer since the available wands, pots, and spells just aren't enough to keep pace with the damage you take. That kinda applies to all melee types I suppose, but it's a little more "exciting" when you're rocking 300-350hp than a tankish 450-500.

You're better at toon building and those splashes will open up some toughness, damage, and UMD options that I didn't have. Running a supreme tome won't hurt, either. Combined with raid gear that you'll have/get, perhaps you'll overcome the drawback. Either way, it's a fun toon to play.

That 350hp is without gear. Greater False Life (30), Toughness(20), and CON+6 (60) items will push it to 460hp, no raid gear at all. A Shroud hp item (45) would push it past 500hp, with evasion and strong melee capability. My end goal is 400hp on any character I build; even Aerii; with basic gear. As a Cleric, she was rocking a hair over 400 with no raid gear, and that was 20hp down from what she could have had as a Human/Half-Elf.

The main thing is the Half-Elf race and the Barbarian Dilettante feat adds an extra 40hp from 2 extra toughness enhancements and a +1 CON enhancement. That coupled with Human Adaptability means I have +2 CON from enhancements.

The Fighter level is solely for a feat, Rogue for UMD, though I've found so far that I can handle any locks I run across despite having only 4 points + DEX mod in it. Monk could add more AC, and keep the feat bonus, but I might lose a couple hp. No big deal. As AC gear is hard to get and takes a long time to grind out, I'm not too concerned about it; this is a build focused on mobility and hit and run tactics.

The original plan was 2 levels of Rogue, to use the skill points to help keep OL up some. But that left me without Power Attack, so the Fighter or Monk level is required. The thought about OL is based on what someone else told me, though I won't claim it to be true. I was told you only need 4 points to handle any lock in the game. Again, I have no idea if it's true. So don't quote me.

The old Fireflash build was equally feat-starved, and spread the points too far apart, trying to get the skill points to keep up OL, DD, and UMD as well as Search and Spot. This kept spot, so I can know where traps and enemies are, but I won't be handling many traps. She was also 70hp down compared to the current build.

Sorry for being a no show Friday....long story short lightening hit our phone line somewhere outside the house and fried the router, the phone line outside, and several Ether cables in the house. The number of strikes in the area did more damage then the rain and wind they said.

I am still, well not I, but we are still replacing cables and hoping the one pc that is on that cable is not screwed up. It boots fine but ...... have to see if it can get online after the fixes. Anyway, will catch up once this is all fixed. Man am I glad we had the pc's off at the time, no telling what damage that would have done.

Hope everything turns about well for you, cm. We ran the VoN flagging quests twice to get about a dozen different characters ready for the raid. We'll have to catch you up on your various toons.

I fired up a couple hours ago, intending to do another Deeps run with Bot. Just couldn't get up the enthusiasm. Switched over to RhoGu, figuring I'd do some more work on his solo Sentinels run. Again, just no excitement. Jumped over to Shadohe, thinking it had been a while since I'd worked in the Desert. I needed to wrap up the explorers and maybe catch a rare or two, but not following my usual circle. Not really much commitment to specific goals, but it was something different to do. Hit the mephit and had a quick thought, "Wouldn't it be funny…". Open the chest, and there it is. Chalk up 2 Bloodstones for dte!

edit- since I was on a loot roll, I ran Bot. Chalk up the 2nd half of the Sacred set! Only repeated Deeps 6 times to get it, too... BTW, I've found a combination that would allow 4 complete sets at the same time. It's tempting to farm Deeps a little more to complete that 4th set, but not now. Anyway, the combo is: Sacred (hat, ring) + Siren (necklace + belt) + Vulkoor's Might (bracers + gloves) + Marshwalker (boots + ring). All Bot is lacking is the belt.

Last edited:
Speaking of…

I think we need to decide what areas the group is going to do together and then we can avoid those areas when running solo or with small groups (so we don't have to start a series over to catch people up). I believe Az has the goal of getting flagged for all the raids, which probably isn't a bad plan. We also need to consider special loot (ala Desert Bloodstone runs) to decide what makes sense to group up on and what can be left to individuals.

My thoughts, certainly open for discussion:
-Red Fens. Any additional set item runs can be done individually.
-we're all flagged for the VoN raid (assuming we get cm caught up). I'd like to run that raid at least once with at least 1 toon with the full group since I've never run it and would be very uncomfortable being a total noob in a PUG.
-Lordsmarch 1&2: decent XP, special loot, group should run
-Desert: Although there's good loot to be had, I'd probably leave this one to individuals. That means we don't get flagged for DQ.
-GH: good XP, good raid, group should run
-Sentinels: special loot, but the group has pretty well passed it by level-wise. Individuals.
-Necro series: within the group we've got people needing everything from Necro1 to being ready for Necro4. There's excellent XP to be had and Minos to get, but it seems most people don't need their Silver Flame necklace upgraded that badly. Probably leave this one to individuals, even though I personally want to get somebody to the end of the series some day.
-Meridia/Shroud: save for the group
-Ataraxia: individuals
-Sorrowdusk: we've mostly passed it by and completion status in the group is very scattered. Individuals.

We can address the rest of the higher level stuff later, I suppose. With VoN pretty well done, I'm guessing we'll tackle Lordsmarch next? Thoughts?

edit- also, when are we going to run our high levels again? I figured we'd blow the dust off them when Harbinger 2 gets released, but we ought to run Harbinger 1 as a group to make sure everyone is ready to go. Might throw a little variety into our sessions. It's been a while since we've farmed the Inspired Quarter, too.

Last edited:
This Sat,(Friday your time) there is a very good chance I will be about 1 1/2 hours late. I probably will have to pick my daughter up from the airport as my son tells me he will be away next weekend and my better half has a broken arm and can't drive. Assuming the worst, I'll get back home as fast as I can, so perhaps you can do a shorty before I get there. Picked up a level 11 quest in House K while looking for the VoN flagging guy. Got it from a guy near the Patron standing between 2 metal hounds. Never done it. Has anyone else?

Update 10 is live, remember to log in an update the client.

Remember that we have 5 TRs to account for, all of which could use the massive xp that quests such as Wiz King offer. Also remember that some very good loot comes from the DQ raid, even if the drops never actually happen. Particularly for melees, and one item that every caster should aspire to.

Skipping the Desert means that pretty much Lordsmarch is our best xp area to hit, and farming THAT has already worn even more thin on me than Desert quests; I may be up to 60 runs or so total on Mirys trying for the Maenya's Fists (again).

We can start a VoN group, we only need two high-WIS characters, which we can provide easily enough, and two high STR ones for levers and one trap critter. Rest just bring the pain. I know it well enough I believe to coordinate it, though there's nothing there either of my lowbies want particularly. Maybe the Kundarak Goggles for Fireflash, but I think I'll outlevel them quick enough.

We can just do Necro III to get the necklaces upgraded, we don't have to do I or II. Granted, III is a pain, but Abbot is worse.

Thing is, other than Bot and Corwin's bard, the group is already level 11 and 12 (and Bot is almost certain to hit 11 Friday if he runs). Aerii's already pushing lvl 13. Fireflash was supposed to slow your progress down, but she's already well into lvl 11. We're getting close to being level-appropriate for GH and we haven't even touched the Desert or Lordsmarch. I know we figured the TR's would lag, but that doesn't seem to be the case so far. Based on that, I figured it was an either/or situation. My thought was that special loot from quests was more reliable than special loot from rares, and we'd get more XP in the process (since there's no loot-based reason to actually do all 6 quests in the Desert).

I thought the Necro necklace went up 1 level per series completion. So, if someone that hasn't finished Necro 2 (having a lvl1 necklace) jumps to Necro3, they'll only end up with a lvl2 necklace. They would then run Necro3 again to upgrade to a lvl3 necklace. Isn't that right? We'd be signing up to run the 5 Necro3 quests at least 2 times each, and possibly 3.

You vastly over-estimate Aerii's progress. I haven't put much into her since creating Fireflash; who has done her job of slowing Aerii down well. I did take some time to rush around Desert some Saturday, but I had a splitting headache and didn't get far. She's far from pushing 13.

Another thing to account for is the number of quests and the xp amounts. There's not much past 11-12 worth running; Gianthold, Vale, Harbringer, IQ, Savarath. And I am unimpressed with pretty much everyone's ability to handle Shavarath save Mirys, who goes there and solos quests on normal. But then, she's geared out to an extent no other character in the guild is, save maybe Pilz/Bimbelbo.

Which is another issue with the TRs. We're now at the level of using Greensteel. Had Aerii waited, she could have had 150 more sp, 45 more hp, additional concentration, a raise dead clicky, and possibly even sp regeneration. Peter could have a pair of Lightning II Khopeshes waiting for level 12, which are extremely powerful against anything not electric immune.

We're no better off than first life characters save a couple extra build points and a past life feat that may or may not be useful. Marianelle's is, extra damage always is on a Rogue, and I think the Rogue may offer SA damage or something. That's why I have refused to TR anyone else until they have at least some gear; I'm missing just some GS mats for Rachail or Mirys to craft a hp goggle, and mostly on tier II. But I have a lot of grinding to go for the GS items, and still hitting HoX and voD as well, and DQ etc...

The real issue is in the difference in play styles and class capability. Post U9 spell pass, Sorcerers are very very strong at tearing through trash mobs. They can inflict serious damage against boss monsters with their new DoTs. They can mitigate huge amounts of damage with spells like Stoneskin and Displacement. And that's WITHOUT taking a Savant line.

Divine casters are just getting into their single target DoT, and that's basically it for effective offensive spells. The bulk of their best spells come in at level 6 and up. Melee are unable to clear large groups as fast, and are more reliant upon casters for crowd control and divines for healing to quickly manage mobs. Otherwise they have to be careful and move slowly and thoughtfully. Bards lack any real offensive magic, limited healing and a limited spell pool, and really only have good crowd control and buffing. And if they build for melee, likely not much cc ability.

Corwin doesn't play as much, so his characters will lag behind. He's pretty much got to resign to that fact; we cannot play his characters, and when they may spend a couple of months in between playing, there's no way when you, me, Jo, and Peter play nearly every day. So either he picks one to focus on, or two or three end up struggling two or three levels behind us.

The only quests we need to do are the three flagging ones. Wiz King is huge XP, similar to VoN3. I'm planning on farming it soon, actually. After I flag. But Chains is hard to solo, no matter the class or build (Mirys did it, but it was not an easy task. Which is what she did, prior to capping and finding that the challenge comes from a idiotically low drop rate).

We need to hit Lordsmarch, if for no other reason than to maybe have another chance at grabbing Maenya's Fists for Mirys! It's also good for Peter's paladin to have, as it covers three pally stats, gives true sight, and a bonus to hit and damage.

You are correct on the Necro series. The alternative is running quests which at this point aren't great xp for our level, are annoying, and take too long. Deathblock is common, and I'd just as soon skip Necro altogether personally.

This is the status for both my toons:
Peterp: Level 11 FvS, halfway to 12
Peters: Level 11 paladin, just turned level 11

My FvS will become much more powerful when he gets level 12 and can select blade barrier as a spell. Casting empowered and maximized blade barriers can really help the group. He will also get the second tier of is Angel of Vengeance prestige class. At level 12 I think he can solo a lot of things.

My paladin is doing decent damage, but it's hard to solo due to only being able to hit one monster at a time. Can easily take out each monster, but can be overwhelmed with groups of monsters.

Both my toons are now able to start using nice items acquired in high level quests like the minos helmet and tier 3 necro necklace. My toons only lack the raid loot and greensteel items. My experience so far is that this doesn't matter for the quests up to about Amrath. My toons perform well in the quests they do at level. I also think our guild group does well with quests we try at level.

The main reason we do well is that we know the quest well so we can prepare properly. One reason we failed in Amrath was because these quests were new to us and we didn't know what to expect. I remember we struggled with quests before in e. g. giant hold, reavers refuge and similar places, but eventually we managed to succeed.

I think the healers do well in the group even without raid loot. If you have a decent build you have the buffs and heals we need so bad effects are dealt with quickly. Our main weakness in the guild group has been that we didn't have a killer caster, but that is fixed now with Aerii focusing on cold spells and the spells working differently after U9. As long as we play as a group and have most classes covered (melee, divine, caster, rogue) we can do every quest in the game at level, some even on hard or elite. It's only raids we can't do because we're too few.

I even think Corwin's wizard and sorcerer will benefit from Aerii's experiences so we can expect e. g. a fire savant from Reywindd following a sound build for dealing out a lot of damage.

So I think we should not be afraid of trying out any quests. I agree with Azraelck that if we had had greensteel items plus raid loot then we could have done even better. Eventually our toons will reach the vale and get flagged for the Shroud. Then we can collect stuff for the greensteel items. I have a loot of ingredients for greensteel items on my existing high level toons and also the 2 TR's. So I can shuffle these to probably get tier 2 stuff for some toons. I've been too lazy to do it until now because I feel it's rather complicated to build the stuff.

So when we will try out Amrath next time we will make sure we have greensteel stuff and raid loot. It's probably expected you have such stuff when playing there. That's another reason why we failed the quests there.

For areas I think we should definitely do these as a group:
- Desert (starting there now to get slayers, explorers, rares and also quests for flagging). I think getting flagged for the raid is important so those of us who think pug's is ok can get the raid done. This area is great for XP and even loot (spectral gloves, firestorm greaves, bloodstone etc.). I propose we begin here because we are now level 11+.

- Gianthold. Same reason as for desert. Since the area is about level 14 I think we can do it after we have completed the desert.

- Lordsmarch. I think we should do this one too for the XP and loot. We know the area well and it's not too hard for us. We can alternate between the desert and lordmarch before we do GH.

- Necro 3 + 4. I think we should consider doing these quests areas too. Not necessarily for loot, but for XP. The TR's will need more and more XP compared to the regulars and we really notice the difference now. So I will certainly do the necro quests because they're not too hard (only long and dull). It's possible we can do it individually or in sub groups (e. g. 3-4 guildies with henchies).

Ataraxia is probably something we can run individually and in sub-groups.

Sorrowdusk has been done by subgroups for both my toons. I did a complete elite run with my paladin and Mariainelle in a pug. That was not too hard.

One of the benefits of being in a guild is that you can get help to complete quests you can't do yourself so I think it's good to form subgroups to complete e. g. necro 3 quests even though the full guild will focus on the desert, lordsmarch and gianthold in the nearest future. This is exactly what we did when the first toons we brought to level 20.

Are there any areas we should avoid alltogether like Threnal?

Jo and I have run the Desert for 2 days now with her Bard and my Sorc. We have all the explorers, all but 2 rares and we're working on 750 slayers for most groups. We haven't done the quests of course. I might yet be on time this week, so keep your fingers crossed.

Jo's Bard made level 12 and my sorc needs about 23k XP for level 12. Oh and I found a nice squishy trinket which give me 20 extra HP and puts me in shadow.

Man, I miss a week and have no idea what we are doing. lol So how about someone who is not currently brain dead ( like me) make a simple list of what to run on off days and what to run as the group and save me from thinking too much this week? We can vote on it Friday ingame then to make it final?

Corwin if you say one word I will find a way to kill you. :cm: ;)

You've got 4-5 toons in the group's level range now. With everyone into lvl11, you could even start running your cleric if you wanted to. Either you're going to be a very busy little beaver, or you'll have to pick 2-3 that you enjoy and focus on them, though.

You can run Ataraxia, Red Fens, and Sorrowdusk until your fingers bleed. ;) We probably need to determine your VoN status and make sure you're flagged on the toons you want eligible.

It appears to me that we're going to start the Desert tomorrow. The desert quests aren't sequenced chains like Necro, Sorrowdusk, and Delera, so people can muck around in the area as much as they want as long as they're willing to re-run quests so that everybody in the group gets everything.

Running Ataraxia (mostly), I got Rhogu just into level 12 and Bot barely into level 11. They've pretty well caught up to Shadohe, who's about half way to level 13. All three toons have put a just tiny scratch in the Desert R/E/S. Unless the group has specific needs (such as a quest that requires a genuine trap monkey), I will probably focus on Bot. Unlike RhoGu and Shadohe, Bot is painfully awful to solo. Maybe that will change once he gets blade barrier and can do the Chinese Firedrill, but I haven't actually done his level-up yet to see how that pans out. The group needs a healer and I'm starting to get comfortable with the role anyway.

Back
Top Bottom