View Single Post

June 22nd, 2011, 05:26
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Your right but I and others dont have to like it even if we only make up 20% of there sales. Unfortunately I have started to give up on even the remotest possibility that a AAA title will ever cater to my specific needs again. Ranting and raving about big companies wanting to sell millions of copies and thus catering to much less sophisticated audiences is just a waste of my energy.
Yeah. I enjoy mainstream action RPGs for what they are and I play old games and indie games for my true CRPG gaming. It's pretty much all we can do now.

I'm not excited about what Feargus is saying, in fact it really sucks, but I'm realistic and I know why he is saying it. What I wish is that some of these companies like Obsidian and Bioware would create smaller teams within the company that could make old-school games for Steam and iOS or something for small budgets. They don't see that as a real opportunity though because spending a million to make 5 million is like a waste of time to them. They want to spend 50 million to make 300 million.

DoctorNarrative

Patroling Written Words