View Single Post

July 5th, 2011, 15:14
Originally Posted by lostforever View Post
I really like how you can do the quest in multiple different ways, they have interesting NPC and quest etc. Does this also hold up in the middle and late game as well? Some people here seems to suggest hack and slash for the second half of the game.
The second half of Divinity II (or second third of DKS) contains optional areas which are almost pure hackīnīslash. Afaik, if you wanted to go through them in the original Div II you had to engage in quite a lot of hīnīs, but these areas were changed in DKS and majority of hīnīs in them can be easily bypassed.
And of course you can opt for not going through them at all.
The rest of the game is more evenly balanced between combat, questing and exploration and the expansion part contains proportionately fairly low amount of combat altogether - most of the time youīre running around town doing quests and looking for hidden stuff.

Originally Posted by lostforever View Post
Combat seems decent although I have not got the hang of it yet. I like to play a mage but it looks, you spells miss when the target moves out of the way. Also I seems to run out of mana easily. Is this true of middle and late game as well?
Nope. I can only speak of DKS and there, at least on hard or nightmare, the beginning is quite difficult for every class and in some spots youīre likely to use archery even though itīs not a branch you want to develop, but the game has rather steep and long character/gear development curve which ensures that at the latest 1/3 into the game your character starts to kick asses seriously and never stops no matter what class you play, at least if you specialize sufficiently.

DeepO

deep outside