View Single Post

July 9th, 2011, 07:37
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I still don't understand why inventory storage wasn't implemented from the start, but I'm glad to see they patched it in at least.
Some nonsense about wanting a flowing experience or something along those lines. They wanted to streamline it so that the player wasn't focusing on the inventory. Stupid idea, but they've learned their lesson now. Maybe next time they won't have the craftable matierial everywhere.

The only gripe I have with the game (other than it's easier to play with a gamepad) is that they threw the craftable material all over. Plus the developers expected you to just rob everyone for this material.

For TW3 I would love it if they tried out Gothic's way of dealing with property. You enter someone's home and the NPCs take notice and tell you to get the F*** out.

One of the most memorable experiences when playing any RPG was the first time I entered a house in Gothic and the NPCs took notice. I was like, "Wait….What did you just say?" and sure enough the NPCs reacted to my actions.

That was done a little over a decade ago. It's time for other great RPGs to start implementing this. Most already have some kind of C&C now it's time to start focusing on the environment and how it reacts to your presence (other than monster fighting).

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat