View Single Post

July 10th, 2011, 09:15
Originally Posted by GothicGothicness View Post
GBG I have been searching for such a person… for such a long time… really hard to find. Besides even if I found one they will still have their normal work and family time etc…. so they might not have enough time anyway. Perhaps a student with such a interest and much spare time would be the ideal recruit. Hopefully I'll find someone!!
Well, one problem here os that you have not tried to build a fanbase, or even interest in your game. If I wasn't a regular Watcher, I would never have heard about your game. And even I don't really know about it. I gatherd that it will probably be some tactical TB strategy RPG hybrid - but thats it.

You are probably afraid of being seen as just another vaporware indie, but I think being more visible has many advantages, and one may be that it becomes easier to recruit. AoDs Oscar started with fan contributions on their forums, and Gareth of the now-suspended Scars of War also recruited Artists through his Forum and blog, although he wasn't quite so lucky in getting someone to stay really longterm.
So IMHO, you should start doing more to make your game known in the Indie community.

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire