View Single Post

Post Subtle HUD (Mod)

July 21st, 2011, 12:06
I created a mod that makes Xenus II's HUD more subtle. For example, the default HUD elements are now smaller and 50% transparent. The default reticle (when unarmed) is removed, since it's totally unnecessary in my opinion. It also contains a new simple blur-effect as a background, which gets applied when you open up your inventory or pause the game for example.

Some comparisons:

(click for full-size)

(click for full-size)
Crosshair is a dot in the latest version!

The ReadMe
by Burning Fish

This mod will make Xenus II's HUD more subtle, but still functional. This mod was designed on a LED 1920x1080 16:9 display.
The files edited in his mod are from Wesp5's unofficial 1.4 patch, so aside from the changes below, the edited content in the files belongs to him.

- Smaller HUD; more appropiate for today's high-res displays (e.g. 1920x1080).
- Most HUD-elements are now 50% transparent. Any help is appreciated!
- Default weapon-crosshair is now a dot.
- Unarmed crosshair (reticle) disabled. This unfortunately also disables the shotgun-crosshairs, but hey… it's a shotgun!
- Introduces a fast blur effect for certain menus, rather than the black and white effect.

Simply extract the ZIP-file to Xenus II's game-directory with subdirectories intact. Enjoy!

You can download the mod here (v1.1)!

I edited the files from Wesp5's unofficial 1.4 patch, so aside from the above changes, the edited content in the files belongs to him.
I haven't succeeded in making all HUD-elements transparent, like the expanded minimap and the frame around the radio-box. So any feedback is appreciated!
Last edited by Burning Fish; July 22nd, 2011 at 11:59.

Burning Fish