View Single Post

July 21st, 2011, 13:03
Originally Posted by The Silver View Post
Hi, this mod is nearly perfect! It gives a much more immersive experience.
However I have a question, why you disabled the dynamic crosshairs? They fit perfectly with the gameplay and are very useful and not disturbing IMHO.

OffTopic question: Have you made any progress with disabling the motion blur? It's very annoying…
Thanks for the feedback!
With the dynamic crosshairs I meant the existing crosshairs getting bigger when you're moving to indicate that your shots will be less accurate. But I think you're referring to the default reticle? I'd like to hear some more opinions on that. If more people think it's useful, I'll put it back in. I could also make two versions.

I was actually playing around with the weapon crosshair today and I succeeded in turning it into a dot, which is always my preference in any game. So I'll make a new version soon.

About the motion blur, it's in a file called HDR.TXT and it seems all the commands in there (which are a lot) are connected somehow, because if I edit one line, some other effects drop out too. There are a lot of TEMP3 and TEMP1 lines in there and to be honest, I don't have a clue how they work. Some insight on that would be very welcome! I eventually did manage to disable the motion blur, but this disabled the depth of field effect when you're reloading (which I love).
I've also been trying to get a permanent depth of field effect in the game, which would blur distant scenery, but the game only applies the effect when you're reloading or in a conversation.

So: lots of ideas, but not enough technical knowledge here I'm afraid. Again, some help would be very welcome!

Burning Fish

Watcher