View Single Post

July 28th, 2011, 12:42
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I don't think there is any game I could enjoy playing in that manner.
Depends on the game. The large RPG's are the only ones that can keep me captured that long and simply remove time all together. There were times in Fallout NV I was going to have to lunch only to find it's 19:00, or going to bed early only to find it's 03:00.

I really do those 100%, except for achievements. I have my own standards what I feel is 100% and not, usually including every possible quest, every unique item, every location visited. Games like Fallout: New Vegas, Dragon Age: Origins and Final Fantasy XII may take 2-3 weeks including all the DLC's and optional content.

Games like Assassin's Creed I and II have made me question my sanity and gave me deep existential questions about my lifestyle and how I use my life, because doing them 100% barely include substance. That was more OCD-like and self-loathing than enjoyment. I need some kind of reward to feel that a task is worth it, and AC2 did offer closure in one subplot if you collected all 100 feathers in the game, but I just hated myself for not going to youtube and watch the scene without the effort. Content like pigeon-hunting in GTA4 is almost sickening that they included. I am glad I avoided that one.

Halo 2 and Tomb Raider: Underworld were games I wanted to beat, but couldn't entertain myself more than a level. So I played them each 1 level a day. Doing a similar thing with Amnesia at the moment (too stressful to do more than 1 place at a time).

I remember going through Keepsake in one sitting. Something with the story that kept me going just to see the end.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine
Last edited by JemyM; July 28th, 2011 at 12:54.

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM