View Single Post

July 28th, 2011, 14:58
Originally Posted by Pessimeister View Post
Anyone else played them that would care to comment?
They are a trilogy, although the third game didn't felt as connected as the first two.

In one perspective they are physics-based adventuregames. You solve puzzles and problems, often using weights in a physics-based world. In another perspective they are horror games and can often be quite scary. The first game allowed you to use weapons, this didn't work very well. From the second game and beyond (including Amnesia) you have no weapons and can usually not kill the monsters.

They look great, except for animations and monsters (which makes me happy combat was removed).

Storywise they are heavily influenced by H.P. Lovecraft and voice acting is very good.

If you like there should also be a "demo" for the Penumbra series that acted as a prequel I think. http://www.frictionalgames.com/site/penumbra

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM