View Single Post

August 4th, 2011, 18:49
Thanks for all the above feedback, guys!

It is like Wesp5 remarks. I always like to synchronize video to music. Music always gives me visual ideas. This is quite an uptempo song and I showed some environments in the beginning. So as soon as the music started to get more upbeat, I wanted to increase the amount of action and I think once you start doing that, you can't go back to dialogue or more quiet scenes (unless the music allows it). You have to keep increasing it until the loud (symbolic) bang at the end of a trailer.
I also didn't want any HUD-elements through the whole video to keep up the immersion, so only hearing the dialogue in Russian wouldn't be very interesting to non-Russian viewers. All this would slow the video down and it's definately an action-trailer.

But those are all very good tips and I'm gonna keep it in mind for future video's of this or any other game! The trailer will not be updated or changed. It is what it is and like I said, I will take your feedback with me for future projects.

Wesp5, I will add the two other distributors to the video-descriptions of both YouTube and Vimeo. And if you can get this game some attention with my trailer, anywhere, don't hesitate!
Thanks again everyone for your responses so far!!

Burning Fish

Watcher