View Single Post

August 8th, 2011, 16:11
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
You can provide factual evidence that trees are green and that Europe is East of the USA. I suppose you'll refuse to see the difference though..
Or you can also propose a theory that can be refuted by showing it's incoherent, either within itself, by presenting opposing evidence, by presenting a better theory etc.

Ok, I'll humor you, despite your lame attempt at an insult.
Yay!

Off the top of my head, I found System Shock 2, Aliens vs Predator 2, Silent Hill 1-3, Dead Space 1&2, F.E.A.R, and Doom 3 to have a more intense atmosphere for me.

I'm not claiming those are superior horror games as fact, just that they were superior for me. As you can see from my list, I'm obviously biased towards Sci-Fi horror.
I did not claim Amnesia was best as a game, just best as a horror-experience, even noting out that Amnesia might not even be a game at all. Several of the titles you present above are better games, but they have other qualities. Also, if we are speaking about pure atmosphere rather than actually being horrified, I would probably toss in S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Bioshock, Undying, Condemned and Half-Life to the mix.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM