View Single Post

August 9th, 2011, 14:17
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
Probably not to you

King's Bounty is very much a game that would have been perfect (for what it is) - to me - with some kind of multiplayer mode. I just can't play games with endless combat against an AI - unless there's something more to it.

Simplistic text-based quests just don't do it for me.

HoMM series only works for me because of multiplayer. It makes it "worthwhile" to play against the AI - because I know I can take what I learn from that, and apply to what I really want - to compete against (or cooperate with) other human beings.

Overcoming AI in strategy games is too much like a single puzzle to me. Once you figure it out, there's zero challenge left. Too artifical for me. Winning the game becomes a very predictable and samey thing.

For that same reason, I can't enjoy the lastest Civilization games. Their multiplayer mode sucks big time.

I don't remember when I stopped enjoying singleplayer strategy games - but it's been years. I miss it, actually, but I can't get excited about yet another stupid AI.
Well, I guess we all know you are more of a 'confrontational' type so you probably like multiplayer in games, and probably do a lot of PvP in MMOs But I'm quite the contrary, I couldn't care less about multiplayer in my single player games, and in MMOs I never PvP, I do group with others but only to achieve something or help someone else achieve something. So, HoMM 3 was perfect.
Now, on KB it's a funny thing. I absolutely loved KB1, but never finished KB2, too much of the same thing (maybe it just came too soon after KB1? dunno)

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is