View Single Post

August 10th, 2011, 16:13
Originally Posted by Arhu View Post
Thanks, I'm going to try and get Arkham Horror as my birthday present in November. I only hope my spouse and friends will like it. If not, I read it's a great single player game too. Either way, it sounds fantastic.
It is a complex game that needs some preparation/dedication to play. But the co-operative gameplay have been appreciated among the non-boardgamers we played with.

Originally Posted by Arhu View Post
Since we are basically all board game beginners, I'm trying to initiate them with the trading/building/crafting card game San Juan first.

Oh, and I'd love to go ahead and play Twilight Imperium (Third Edition) … but I fear the requirements are way too high: finding likeminded people who are interested in learning and then playing a big, complex sci-fi board game that can last at least a couple hours. Guess I'll have to keep playing 4x space games on the PC…
I haven't played San Juan, but I did play Twilight Imperium. It is a heavy game indeed, but I found it fairly well balanced. Each race have their own advantage and playstyle. But there is an action that just give victorypoints that make the game a bit boring. Many have houseruled that card.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM