View Single Post

August 10th, 2011, 17:18
New glasses. Not because i necessarily needed to becausee of my vision. But I fell asleep in my bed wearing the old ones, and they weren't exactly the same afterwards. I tried to get them to behave by applying gentle but firm force here and there, but with limited success.

Got the new ones today, and for the first time I'm now the proud owner of progressive lenses (yepp, I'm that old)

The immediate effects are:

1. My wife has got more wrinkles. For some reason she resented me mentioning that matter-of-factly. So I guess I'll have to bring it up again later.

2. Things have become smaller. Seems like I don't get what I payed for when I buy coffee, books and so on.

3. Things change shape a lot, whenever I turn my head. The floors look like something designed by Friedensreich Regentag Dunkelbunt Hundertwasser, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, as I like his style.

4. Things are out of focus for approximately 0.1737 seconds before I manage to point my head in the correct direction.

Hopefully I'll get used to them. But just in case, they come with a 6 months getting-used-to-progressive-glasses warranty. If I don't lik'em the optician will provide non-progressives in stead.

pibbur