View Single Post

August 15th, 2011, 02:26
Originally Posted by DoctorNarrative View Post
The fact Gemini Rue is not on Steam baffles the shit out of me. They have stuff like Ben There Dan That on there for God's sake. Really random.

I dislike random overlords basically deciding how successful your indie game can be.
So Steam shouldn't be allowed to decide what they want to sell in their own store? If you ran a store would you like it if someone told you that you had to sell every item in your category or you were being an "overlord"?

They already sell more indie games than any other reseller that I am aware of by far. Before Steam, the concept of resellers selling indie games as far as I know didn't really even exist. Some of their competition have some indie games, but from what I have seen they don't have anywhere near as many as Steam and they don't do much at all to promote them whereas Steam does.

I don't think Steam, or any reseller for that matter, should be under any obligation to sell any game. It's up to the creators of that game to approach the resellers they want to sell their games and if necessary convince them their game is worth selling.

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch