View Single Post

August 15th, 2011, 05:11
Originally Posted by Motoki View Post
That's not Valve's fault though. Saying they are overlords almost implies some sort of plot to control the indie scene on their part.
I didn't really mean to imply it is Valve's fault. What I am saying is that Steam has so much market share and such a rabid fanbase that to be successful on the PC you almost have to get on there, especially for an indie. At the same time they have what are considered to be pretty random requirements for doing so. That leads to Valve having way too much say in what succeeds and thus releases on the PC for my comfort.

It is the people who give it that power who are at fault though, you're right.

In a perfect world I would love to do that but if you want to have more than a few games it's just way too much of a hassle to keep track of them all that way to remember what game you got where, who's got a patch etc.
Indie games are DRM free 99% of the time so I just buy them and then back them up. I never need to remember anything after that, though on the rare chance I would I am sure an email search of my inbox would solve the issue just fine.

DoctorNarrative

Patroling Written Words