View Single Post

August 15th, 2011, 17:44
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
I guess it might be my mistake to consider it more of a shooter. I've played it 2-3 times and never got past ~50% of the game. It just seemed more "straightforward" as an experience, but maybe that's just because the magic of the setting had worn off by then.

I could have sworn they introduced more ways to "experiment" with weapons and powers - but maybe that's my memory playing tricks.
It's very possible you're correct, even if I didn't see it. I like to call my usual approach to "action-y" games, be they shooters or aRPG, sumo gaming. I stand across from the critter, smash into them, and we beat the crap out of each other until someone falls out of the circle. Not much creativity, and probably not a good test of a game's ability to allow experiments.
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
But, sure, it's not a bad game - and if you're the sort of person to consider what's worthwhile based on what you paid for it - I think now is a great time to try it, if you're at all interested.
I don't know that it's invalid to introduce the sordid topic of coin when evaluating a game. Whether it's a case of reduced expectations going in, or a more generous grading scale after the fact, a gamer's overall satisfaction will be tempered by the investment required. In particular, I think you're far less likely to feel disappointment for a $10 game than a $50 game.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Still afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer