View Single Post

August 15th, 2011, 17:50
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
I don't know that it's invalid to introduce the sordid topic of coin when evaluating a game. Whether it's a case of reduced expectations going in, or a more generous grading scale after the fact, a gamer's overall satisfaction will be tempered by the investment required. In particular, I think you're far less likely to feel disappointment for a $10 game than a $50 game.
I think it's a very widespread consideration - but since I'm not particularly concerned with value for money (in a strict sense) - I have to add my little comment to point that out.

Personally, I don't really care what a game costs - as long as it's within reason and my personal economic reach. Beyond that, it's all about the level of entertainment I receive for the hours invested.

Essentially, I need my time spent to be "worth it" compared to what I could have spent my time on instead.

I have far too little time in life already, and for a game to be worthwhile - it has to do some pretty fantastic things for me to consider it fully worthwhile - regardless of the monetary investment made

DArtagnan

Waste of potential