View Single Post

August 17th, 2011, 08:15
Originally Posted by Zaleukos View Post
As things stand some sloppy design decisions obscure improvements (in ruleset and companion interaction where it is much harder to keep everyone happy).
I must say, I really liked the latter point. In DA2, it's not like "What, I said something wrong and now you hate my guts? - Awww, here, take a bone/gold ring/have a drink."
Despite this, I found some companions far easier to 'navigate' than others, and knowing this (at least partially) depends on my personal style of play is a certain plus.
For example, I got along naturally well with Aveline who was pretty cool with nearly everything I threw at her (up to a certain point, of course). We got along so well the world around us was full of angel wings most of the time .
Then there were others who caused me headaches around 75% of the day. Conversing with Anders felt like playing good ol' Minesweeper, just that Minesweeper didn't hump your leg when it didin't explode right in your face.
Yes, I guess this is what I really like about DA2. I didn't expect to like it, but it failed to disappoint me (okay, had I listened to the reviews back in the day, I wouldn't have bought Realms of the Haunting. Always see for yourself.)

Jaz

Meet my wonderful MX.
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team