View Single Post

August 17th, 2011, 21:45
Originally Posted by bkrueger View Post
I hate time pressure in games. I have enough of that in real life. So I wouldn't buy a game with a mechanics which doesn't allow me to do things as slow or as fast as I like.
I agree with this. I like to do things in my own time, be able to think about my moves, replies, actions and so forth without being rushed. This is why I like turn based games and am really not thrilled with the further and further push of real time action into RPGs. It creates a very different dynamic where I am forced to react without really contemplating.

As far as the world being on a time limit, I wouldn't care for that. I get annoyed in games where they go 'Sorry, you didn't make it in time'. If a negative consequence happens because of my own choices and actions I am all for that, but I don't want it to happen because I didn't get to point x fast enough or took time to stop and explore etc.

I would file this idea in the category of realistic but just not fun (for me) to play. Essentially what you would be doing is penalizing the player who takes the time to really stop and explore all the elements of your world while rewarding the one who breezes past everything and rushes to the finish line.

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch