View Single Post

August 21st, 2011, 13:03
Originally Posted by DeepO View Post
And since there´s quite a lot of possible outcomes, what constitutes "the most logical and emotional ending" is rather disputable anyway.
Okay, but if you go from the perspective of a player who just "wants to save the world" (again", then there is only ONE solution (which I guess will be most likely frowned upon by most players nowadays, where dark and grim themes are "king") : Get the best and at the same time the most positive result from everything …

I often have the feeling that Bioware just wanted to do a grim dark fantasy game, regardless. Or that someone in an upper position within EA/Bioware demanded this (I think I had read this somewhere ??).

I often had the feeling as if this game was developed rather NOT for "saving the world" (again), BUT instead for giving the player the experience of a grim world, where everything is just grim, regardless of the choices.

It will be dark nevertheless.

I think that was their premise or so. Not giving the player a satisfying experience, but rather to let the player live or experioence a world where - to use a sentence by Terry Pratchett - "no matter where Light tavels - Darkness is already there - and waiting for it !" Or, to put it into other words : The character is a walking candle within a dark tunnel. Darkness stys all around, and if you move away from a place, it will become dark again.

In this respect, this game isn't much about "choice & consequence" at all - it's rather about the Overwhelming Darkness - which could even swallow the character himself/herself - and that quite literally.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR