View Single Post

August 22nd, 2011, 06:51
I finished Sanitarium a week or so ago.

I'll just say this - I generally dont like "adventure" games. I find the "adventure" moniker quite misleading anyway. To me, Tomb Raider is an example of an adventure game. Spending hours hunting pixels, endlessly trying inventory combinations on everything in sight, feeling a headache gnawing at the base of my skull is not. I usually loathe so-called "adventure" games for this reason.

However, I enjoyed Sanitarium because it was not as described above - it was a truly unique experience. The items are readily available, the puzzles are logical (some may even think theyre too easy), and the story is good. You do have to thoroughly search and explore every level, and you do have to try some things out, and the way isnt always clear. But it's doable. It's logical, and overall it's fun. Loved every minute.

And the game consistently had me saying "what the #%$@ just happened"? It's definitely bizarre, and quite morbid. But it had me coming back, night after night, to play it because I just had to see what the hell was going to happen next.

I cant recommend this game enough. Even if you normally shy away from the "adventure" genre, you owe it to yourself to play this game.

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom