Thread: Tablets
View Single Post

August 22nd, 2011, 16:35
Originally Posted by hishadow View Post
The setup looks nice but I would go crazy with only 3 hours battery time. Admittedly, Windows 7 isn't the best OS for keeping battery utilization at a minimum, but on my laptop I can stretch the duration quite a bit by dimming the display.
I thought that would be an issue. Turns out that it's rare that I need more than 3 hours of active use without a plug nearby. Going to the university is exactly a such situation as I spend 2 hours on bus per day, with 3-6 hours of lectures. For those situations I bought a XP18000 battery which is the cord you see on the photo above. The XP18000 battery gives me an extra 3 hours on the High Performance setting so 5-6 hours in total. One must count in 30 minutes of breaks during a 3 hour lecture so 6 hours battery for 6 hours of lecture is actually 6 hours of battery for 5 hours.

One also have to remember that EP121 is the fastest Tablet on the market. It makes even iPad 2 behave sluggy and slow. The batterytime is accordingly. Throttle the performance a bit and run less hungry software and batterylife is prolonged.

But sure, I would love a EP121-2 with prolonged batterylife. If I buy a new device I would most definitely go for a Win 8 Tablet. I do not believe iPad and Android can compete in versatility and use compared to a real computer.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM