View Single Post

August 23rd, 2011, 11:46
I felt being cheated by Bioware anyway, after I found out how my decisions affect the long-term look-out for the Dwarven population …

I felt cheated by Bioware, because I had the impression that they wanted to spoil my "good outcome experience" definitively. My impression was that I SHOULD NOT have a positive feeling of the game like "the world is saved again".

They did - in my opinion - everything to mix a slight poson or a bitter taste into everything, so that I just couldn't rejoice or have a good feeling with this game.

(Example : The Ghost boy and hi mother, as I call them, deep within the ancient Elven ruins. They were never meant to be united by the developers, or otherwise they would have done so. Or someone just forgot them. This is my personal strongest example of how they tried hard, very hard to instill into the player a feeling of sadness, of morbidity, of helplessness, and of several other negatiove feelings as well. It's as if they were not only destroying my sand castle, but also taking away all tools with which I could build and rebuild it, to use the cliché.)

And as I realized that, I "paused" this game.

I'm still unsure whether I want to play it to the end, and buy the "ultimate" version of it … Simply because I can sense that "sweet poison" throughout the whole game …

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR