View Single Post

September 9th, 2011, 13:39
I think therre's another layer under this "yuk SKUs" meaning.

I think he's so negative about it, because treating games = SKUs stripps off them the whole "play" meaning". Like my philosophical approach that a thing retains its self only as long as it is considered as [the parts which] constiturtes itself. Um, difficult words.

It's like saying : This is not a man, it's a number. A number living in a flat. We don't need to know anything else about it. It eats food, it watches TV, it produces waste - but it is still a number. It even has no name anymore. It is a number to us. THX1138.

The same goes on for games in "the business" right now. Actual "playing" isn't needed anymore. All what counts is whether it is sold, it sells, or not. They are no more games [for them]. They are numbers. SKUs.

And I think this is, what Lar - as an underlying meaning" "is so yuk about", so to say.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR