View Single Post

September 10th, 2011, 00:59
Limbo

Limbo is unfortunately another indie title that got overrated by critics and some gamers. It's basically a set of trial and error based platforming puzzles with an art direction which looks unique at first, but after a while, it loses its uniqueness. Some of the game's symbolization are meaningful and intelligent, ( Especially the whole idea of the Limbo itself or the main character's brutal deaths ) and also puzzles are enjoyable and rewarding, yet very easy to solve (compared to other indies like Braid ) , but that's that. Limbo is a good game and I fairly liked it, but unlike what many people say, I found it to be pretty forgettable. Still, I highly recommend you to play through it at least for once.

Score: 6.9/10

Call of Duty: United Offensive

UO as an expansion pack, is a really worthy product. It's not a quick money grab. Actually in many parts, it tries to be better than the original Call of Duty and sometimes succeed. CoD series is famous for its realistic atmosphere, well directed set pieces and fast-paced combat. These qualities are all present in UO in their very best form. Some of the set-pieces and scripted events in UO are outstanding.
Also the game is basically looked harder to me than the original CoD. ( Especially in American campaign and the last level of Russian campaign ) Because most of the time, you are in an open battlefield and you don't know what and form which direction hits you. ( Especially if you play the game on veteran, because first aid kits are removed and you have to play through all the level without trying to get shot. )
Although UO can't hide the fact that it's an expansion pack and brings more of the same, but it does a great job doing that.

Score: 8.0/10

Frozen Fireball

Trying to unfreeze