View Single Post

September 12th, 2011, 15:08
Originally Posted by Gorath View Post
But shouldn't the impatient prefer boxed? Driving to next store, looting it and returning home takes maybe 30 minutes. A DL for a current game takes much longer for people on smaller broadband connections like 3 Mb.
No, because I generally have to wait until the shop receives the copy - which is almost invariably later (typically the games unlock when the stores are closed and they make the games available the following day) - especially if it's not region locked. Beyond that, the price at a physical retailer is generally higher for me than what I have to pay for a digital copy - though it's not by much.

But there's also the "lazy" part, which means I can't be bothered to physically travel and get my game - which also includes money for gas or public transportation. I could order it online, but then I'd have to wait for the postal service - which is not reliable.

My internet connection is very fast, and I can download full games in 15-30 minutes on average from D2D/Gamersgate/Steam. Beyond that, I can just start the download and go do something else, which I can't do when physically travelling to get a copy.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential