View Single Post

September 14th, 2011, 14:40
Originally Posted by tuukka View Post
They probably would have been stretched too thin. It's a good thing that they know their own limitations.

You know what would be awesome? And open world LOTR game by Bethesda. Yes, I know about the LOTR MMO, but I'm talking about an Elder Scrolls type game. I would love to get to explore all those places that I have seen only on maps drawn by Tolkien, places that have only been shortly mentioned either in the story, or in the appendixes.

Never gonna happen, of course. Maybe some other company will try it out some day.
I've mentioned this several times here at the watch - I agree, it is a shame that LotR is never used beyond the main story. There's 3000 years of interesting stories to tell and cultures to explore. Given the amount of details Tolkien put into his setting, it could work out really well in various RPGs, but only with new stories (not related to the books).

Personally, I'd probably prefer a Piranha Bytes or Obsidian LotR game, given their superior writing, but Bethesda tends to get the whole open world thing right at least.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander