View Single Post

September 15th, 2011, 10:55
Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
I was under the impression that Denmark had slightly lower game prices than Sweden, and for me it is almost always cheaper to buy a boxed copy than to download the game, even with sales (there are of course exceptions). If I'm willing to wait for it I can usually order games far cheaper from other countries as well.
Well, it's pretty close for new games - but GENERALLY, I can save something like 20-50 DK if I go digital. There are plenty of exceptions where prices are prety much identical, and sometimes physical copies cost slightly less - but only insignificantly so.

But since I don't have to wait for the postal service and I don't have to bother with things like games being shipped on time and being in stock - it's a very easy choice.

I just find the whole digital solution infinitely more practical and logical.

It should be noted though, that the prices I'm talking about for DD is based on Gamersgate/Impulse/D2D - and NOT Steam.

Steam is almost invariably more expensive than physical copies, where non-sales are concerned.

That said, it seems it's changing as we speak. D2D/GG seem to have become more expensive in the past few weeks - and aren't quite as flexible in terms of region-locks as they once were.

I don't know what the future holds, but I have a hard time seeing myself going back to physical copies.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential