View Single Post

September 22nd, 2011, 00:11
Originally Posted by fadedc View Post
I got hacked in WoW less then a year ago, and it was a pain but Blizzard customer service responded really quickly and my characters were completely restored in about 2 days. Now I have an authenticator which makes it very unlikely that I'll be hacked again. So it wasn't a happy experience but it wasn't like I lost my character or equipment. Hackers also have no way to get your credit card info off your WoW account.

Although I hate the idea of a real money auction house, it will probably dramatically reduce the profitability of gold/item selling by flooding the market. Right now the black market nature of gold selling drives the price up a lot, but the rate of return per hour is still so low that it's only worth doing if you live in a poor country. Cut out the black market, and I doubt it will be worth doing for anyone. This should dramaticaly reduce the amount of account hacking. Whether it will be worth the cost is a completely different question.
I'm an on-again off-again player. Every time I try to come back over the last three years (FIVE times!), my password has been changed and my toons deleted. Just waaaayyy too annoying.

Gallaphant

Traveler