View Single Post

September 22nd, 2011, 18:10
Maybe I'm not getting it then because how it worked in D2 was you save wherever you want and that was that. You saved your character. The monsters respawn, but your character has the experience, loot, completed quest, teleporters or whatever was saved. You started off at the last teleporter with everything respawned, but that was it. Everything else was the same.

I assumed from reading it the first time that the only point you could save at were at those checkpoints (just like in a normal console game), but rereading it I don't think that's how it works. He was mostly P.O.ed about the connection getting dropped and losing all that game progress. I do see his point, but glad you said something or I would assume it would be your usual checkpoint saving.

Still not sure about this game. I really don't like the fact that I have to be online to play it in singleplayer which is the way I prefer unless I'm playing it with family.

I'm just going to play Deus Ex and the other games on my backlog. I'll let you guys test this thing out. If it is the next best thing since sliced bread then I'll buy it and deal with this freaking MMO nonsense they have going on. If not then something else is always around the corner.

EDIT: feigned? WTF are you talking about? I misread the page long rant. Why the hell would I feign surprise over Diablo 3?

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat