View Single Post

September 22nd, 2011, 18:58
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
Playing a modded Oblivion is more like a dream than a reality. If you limit yourself and you have the patience - it's doable, but you DO NOT want all the good stuff, because it's almost a miracle if it works.

Coupled with the crash-prone core game, it really is a nightmare process most of the time.

I once managed to get most of the great ones working in a reasonably stable fashion, and I actually completed the main quest with them. Oh, there were oddities and quirks - and it was a matter of constantly adjusting throughout - but it did work.

I think that makes it around 1 success out of ~20 attempts to get it stable and playable with the mods I really want.
I managed to get a good setup with a ton of mods that I felt really improved everything once as well. I also spent a ridiculous amount of time to get there and couldn't shake the feeling that if I sneezed the whole thing would come crashing down and never work again.

I don't have the patience and time to do that now and besides, thanks to digital downloads I have a huge backlog.

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch