View Single Post

September 22nd, 2011, 22:31
Originally Posted by Motoki View Post
I was going to write this polite reply explaining how saying something is a 'dumb thing to do' is a value judgement and different that saying someone is statistically and demonstrably 'dumb' (ie scored low on an IQ test) and that both in fact are rude ways of putting it, but you know what?

I give up. You're right. We're idiots. You're a genius who had it all figured out. EA is a kind and considerate company that would never intentional deceive anyone for financial gain.

You win at teh internetz. kthanxbai
Don't worry about it, I think he's just projecting…

Originally Posted by DoctorNarrative View Post

That said a lot of the most disappointing sequels of all time, such as Dragon Age 2 or Invisible War, are flawed games in their own right. Even if DA2 was called something else the repeated content, MMO style sidequests and lack of any real choices would still be annoying and obvious. Even if Invisible War was called something else the small areas, technical issues and unbalanced upgrades would still be frustrating.
Yes, they try to fool you with marketing and they use sequels to get automatic sales from loyal fans. None of that absolves you of any responsibility to check out the product before you buy though, sorry. It's still on you in the end.

And the changes to DA2 were extremely obvious well before launch to anyone who looked into it.
Well, that's a quite a different tune… When not to long ago you had this to say,

The simple fact of the matter is that they released a demo of the game, I played it, and I liked it. You act like that is some failing on my part, that I am missing the obvious FACT that it's a bad game, and that is what makes you a smug bastard.
The quality of the demo and game is an opinion, not a "truth" decided on by you.
I like both games.

Of course I don't get the whole "OMG Dragon Age 2 is so dumbed down" thing. I consider it streamlined but still very tactical and it fixes a lot of Dragon Age's chunkiness.
Same here.

Variety is good if you ask me. DA2 will feel like a badass and fun tactical RPG and then hopefully later in the year I will play Dead State, which will be more thoughtful and slow. Both should be great!

MasterKromm

Sentinel