View Single Post

September 23rd, 2011, 17:17
As a lover of first person games, the isometric camera system in Diablo III felt very unfamiliar, and I inevitably wondered why Blizzard didn't make the leap to first person like so many other developers. This led me to wonder - should Diablo III have been a first person game, and what are the pros and cons of this approach?
This is really amazing. A retard got his hands on Diablo 3.

And there's one thing I don't understand. Why in the nine hells would it be innovative to make a first person Diablo? First person games have been in the market for decades now. FP camera is not as innovative as it was 30 years ago. except for people who think Halo and CoD were the first FPS games ever.
I wonder if he would call it innovation if Infinity Ward created an isometric Call of Duty. Would it be innovative enough for him?
If that's the definition of innovation today, please spare me the innovation bullshit. I prefer the old, conservative methods, where FPSs remain FPSs and RPGs remain RPGs and innovation is not defined by removing good old things, but by adding new good things.

blackcanopus

Dark Sun