View Single Post

September 24th, 2011, 06:18
Originally Posted by Lucky Day View Post
how did you get it working? I can't seem to get it to recognize BG2. The videos show Planescape working - not sure how to install considering that discs are prompted for when you get there and I don't think an official NoCD patch was put out.
I didn't need a NoCD patch. I just installed the game as normal (GOG version) and then you copy those files over minus the EXE files because it doesn't run those, it has its own.

I followed the instructions on the description of the app in the market which are:

Installation instructions:
1. Install apk and run. GemRB will install some data files to you device and close.
2. Open directory app-data/net.sourceforge.gemrb on SD card with any file manager and rename file GemRB.cfg.sample to GemRB.cfg.
3. Install original game to PC (full installation needed!).
4. Copy all folders and files(except *.exe) from game folder on your PC to app-data/net.sourceforge.gemrb folder on your device SD card.
5. Edit GemRB.cfg in text editor to configure GemRB (instructions inside file).
6. Start GemRB and configure controls if needed.
I guess there needs to be a step 3.5 where you install the widescreen mod because most tablets are beyond the resolution those games natively supported.

Now when I ran the app the first time I had the sd card in the tablet and it copies its files there. Then I pulled out the sd card and put it in a usb adapter, plugged it into my PC and copied over the contents of C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Baldurs Gate\ over to the app-data/net.sourceforge.gemrb\ on the SD card.

Then you edit the GemRB.cfg file. By default it looks like it's setup for BG2 without much messing with it, but the comments tell you which settings to change and enter.

As I type it out it sounds way more complicated than it is, but it really wasn't that bad.

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch