View Single Post

September 25th, 2011, 05:45
Originally Posted by Motoki View Post
I certainly don't want or expect anyone to cater to my every whim. It's just that when I play a game in a certain style throughout and then suddenly I am forced to use a completely different style it's very jarring and yes I will say frustrating.

I also will say that I am not a shooter fan and generally do not care for them. I am, however, a stealth fan and so that's the aspect that appeals to me. I think for someone like me it's a bigger deal to be forced into playing the shooter role when I wasn't expecting that than it is for someone who is a big shooter fan and generally used to playing them anyway.

I mean, I did it and it didn't kill the game for me. I would still say it's a good game and people should buy it, don't get me wrong. It's just that it felt like a totally different game that was tacked on to me. The fact that those segments were outsourced to someone who was basically a shooter fan and not so much an RPG fan just confirms that.

At least they are acknowledging it was an issue though and that makes me feel a whole lot more validated as a customer then stubbornly refusing to admit any mistakes and blaming me as the customer for not understanding their 'innovation'.
I understand but therein lies the problem of combining a shooter with a rpg. It will come out one way or another or you have to do the dreaded streamlining we hear about lately.

At least they took some blame but it's stupid to blame another company you outsourced to make the game you specified.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team