View Single Post

September 28th, 2011, 02:18
Originally Posted by Fluent View Post
Divinity 2 is a great RPG. I love how it doesn't hold your hand, i.e. no quest markers, no magical compass, etc. Great stuff. I also like how things are hidden and you have to search every nook and cranny to find everything. I respect the developers for going a more hardcore route.
Absolutely agree. I just reached level 12, and I'm really loving this game. It's hard to believe it was made with the Gamebryo engine. It just looks and feels so much better than other games I've played that used Gamebryo. (i.e. Oblivion, Fallout 3). At max settings, this is one of the best looking crpgs I've ever played. Close to The Witcher 2 in terms of visual "wow".

Originally Posted by Fluent View Post
I'm also a big fan of the design of the game systems, such as loot, advancement, combat abilities, etc.
I have to admit, the loot system is one of the few things I don't like about DKS. It's just too randomized for my taste. I don't mind random loot for normal enemies and chests, but I think they went too far in making it random even for locked chests and bosses.

Also, who was in charge of naming these weapons? Hey look, I just found a Magical Light Brutal Iron Sword of Destruction.

JDR13

SasqWatch