View Single Post

September 29th, 2011, 20:45
In the debate Bachmann called Perry out on the making it mandatory thing which was fine (though personally I do think it is ok to make it mandatory especially since parents could opt out). It was AFTER the debate when she told the story about…

"A woman came up to me after the debate … She told me her daughter suffered mental retardation as a result of that vaccine"

That was the real problem. She was calling the safety of the vaccine, really ALL vaccines, into question which is factually incorrect and also relating the story of some random person as fact. Why would she do that? I don't really believe there ever was such a woman who told this to Bachmann; Bachmann has a history of, to put it bluntly, making shit up. But then she wouldn't let it go and kept digging herself a deeper and deeper hole as is often the case of someone caught lying.

And now her polling figures have fallen through the floor as they should have. The above is no slip of the tongue but fabricating or perpetuating a terrible lie which will have real world consequences.

BillSeurer

Eternal Supreme Dictator