View Single Post

October 1st, 2011, 17:03
Oh I agree about some of the short games feeling like money grabs because they are money grabs. I hate junk food type games or DLC for that matter, but the game length doesn't equal quality as I have found out. You know when a dev just mashed out a game in a month and when one was made with quality gaming in mind. This happens to be one of the latter, imo of course. I've played the beginning and didn't feel it was a rip off at all. Sixteen dollars is a fair price as far as I'm concerned.

But that's just me. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with your viewpoint and can see why you wouldn't want to play a shorter one, but I wouldn't lump all shorter games in the same category as those money grab types you would find on sites like Big Fish. Huge difference between the two.

I bring this up because people seem to think that indie = cheap - I blame those freaking junk food games for this trend - People cry holy hell if it's not 5 dollars or even 10 and that's pushing it. Of course I'm over exaggerating, but it seems that way to me when people say that 16 dollars is too much.

Also when I say people I don't necessarily mean just here. You should see some of the comments at the more casual sites.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
RPGWatch Team